Monday, March 02, 2009


Well no post today (another night of worry to follow), dang the government for not investing in new schools so that all local schools are oversubscribed and those remaining are either church schools or selective schools where 2000 or more children are vying for 94 or less places. My daughter is coping with the stress of anticipation quite well, but thank goodness it is all nearly over. This process all began back in 2007 when she started preparing for exams and we visited the first schools. We finally applied for four selective state and two selective private schools. She has already been refused places at the two selective private schools & one selective state. She passed the first exams at the remaining state schools but we have hedged our bets and put down a total of 5 more choices because you just never know. Its all crazy if you ask me, she deserves to go to a very local good school. Plain and simple, but because of catchments and lack of being affiliated to a church, this is a nightmare. So, again, unti tomorrow. & so thoughts turn to the farm. Farm? I hear you say. Ok, calling it a farm is slightly ambitious as its actually an allotment. I have had the allotment for about 6 years now and this is the first year I am ahead of the game. I actually prepared quite a bit of ground and put several areas to sleep under groundcover and I will upload some pictures so you can see what it looks like. So I am busy as a bee checking out my seed packets and drooling over produce yet to come ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment